Nominations are closed for open seats on the KBA Board of Directors for new two-year terms beginning on January 1, 2018. In three districts, only one candidate filed with no opposition. READ MORE
The Kentucky Broadcasters Association has really enjoyed viewing all the photos our members have submitted from the conference this year via email and our social media pages.
The KBA Conference was held at the Galt House in Louisville, KY October 9-11th. Watch this space in the coming week for professional photos and links to videos of the sessions. We will be sure to make an announcement once we have everything posted. So, stay tuned!
In the meantime, here are a few snapshots to enjoy!
MAKER’S MARK TOUR
CRUISE ON THE BELLE
SESSIONS, SPEAKERS, EXHIBITORS AND MORE
Daniel Kent P’Pool, 55 of Pikeville KY, passed away Saturday, September 2nd surrounded by his family – his wife of 31 years, Melody May P’Pool and their children, Jessie, David and Kate. He is also survived by five brothers, Steve, Richard, Fred, Todd and his twin brother, Dave. He also leaves behind a host of in-laws, nieces, nephews and dear friends in both Pikeville and Princeton.
P’Pool was the 2015 recipient of the J.T. Whitlock Lifetime Service Award presented by the Kentucky Broadcasters Association. Presented to members retiring or leaving the profession who have earned perpetual membership and recognition as a result of their contributions to Kentucky broadcasting. The award is in honor of a life of service by J.T. Whitlock, longtime KBA Executive Director / Secretary-Treasurer.
Visitation will be held at JW Call Funeral Home tomorrow, Sunday. September 3 from 1:00 till 3:00 with services at 3:00, rad Smart officiating. Services will also be held on Tuesday, September 5th at Lebanon Baptist Church with burial following. Expressions of sympathy may be made to Pikeville Helping Hands or Lebanon Baptist Church.
“Dan never met a stranger and was always helpful to everyone and loved radio. He will be sorely missed.”
Henry Lackey, KBA President and CEO
WAVE-TV the NBC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a full-time Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist. We’re looking for a journalist who wants to go beyond courts and crime – providing context and uncovering relevant, compelling stories instead. The successful candidate will be able to enterprise, shoot, write, edit, and present strong stories. This reporter must be skilled in all phases of storytelling, and thus ready to work solo in the field when necessary.
Applicants must possess a four-year college degree and strong social media skills. Two years’ experience is preferred. If you want to be a part of an award-winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply online
and upload your resume and references, and links to your work. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
There is still time to register for the 2017 KBA Annual Conference. A $100 registration fee is required. Our Hotel room block has been extended until Thursday, September 14th. If you register after that date, lodging cannot be guaranteed.
Galt House, Louisville, KY – October 9-10, 2017
KBA Educational Sessions at the 2017 Conference
- Back to Basics with Chris Lytle
- Lobbying with Steve Newberry and Jeff Hoover
- Dealing with Aggressive Behavior: Enhancing your Safety in the Office and Community with Ron Scheidt
- Al’s Jaw Droppingly Cool Tools with Al Tompkins
- FCC Updates with Dawn Sciarrino
- How to Sell to Automobile Dealers with Adam Armbruster
- Engineering with Greg Happel and Rick Crago
- Separating Fact from Fake News with Al Tompkins
- Copyright Law and Everything you Wanted to Know about GMR with Monica Dias and AJ Correale
- The Four Essential Elements of Every Successful Show: Making the Audience Fall in Love with You So They Come Back For More- Part I of II with Steve Reynolds
- Building Relationships Your Competitors Can’t Steal with Chris Lytle
- Hiring Right the First Time with Kim Busse
- Getting the VIP Meeting with Adam Armbruster
- Content is Queen: The Three Most Strategic Kinds of Content, How to Be More Local, and Ten Secrets of Successful Shows – Part II of II with Steve Reynolds
- Digital Media with Amy Stroud
We aren’t just all work and no play though! Monday night, you won’t want to miss this year’s Love Boat themed Cruise on the Belle of Louisville, featuring a live band, “Tony and the Tanlines”!
Dress Code: Tropical Attire (optional)