WAVE-TV the NBC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a full-time Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist. We’re looking for a journalist who wants to go beyond courts and crime – providing context and uncovering relevant, compelling stories instead. The successful candidate will be able to enterprise, shoot, write, edit, and present strong stories. This reporter must be skilled in all phases of storytelling, and thus ready to work solo in the field when necessary.
Applicants must possess a four-year college degree and strong social media skills. Two years’ experience is preferred. If you want to be a part of an award-winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in its community, then apply online
and upload your resume and references, and links to your work. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record and pass a drug test. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WPSD LOCAL 6, the family owned NBC affiliate in Paducah, Kentucky, (Paducah-Cape Girardeau-Harrisburg Market #83) seeks an experienced General Sales Manager. You must possess an exceptional record of sales success and be a strong leader and motivator. You must have skills in budgeting, forecasting, managing inventory, generating revenue on multiple platforms, and recruiting and training talented sales people. This is an opportunity to lead a team at a powerhouse station – and newspaper.*
*Our GSM will also lead the sales team at The Paducah Sun.
Responsibilities include leading an experienced sales tem to achieve company goals on all sales platforms (TV, digital, newspaper, magazine; develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans; manage inventory and rates; create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects; work with National Sales manager and rep firm to set goals and objectives; and work with the General Manager and other department heads to accomplish station and newspaper objectives.
Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational, and sales skills with a proven track record of success; must have the ability to price, forecast, budget, and execute a clear vision/plan; possess a familiarity with our partners and Doyle & Associates and Marshall Marketing; be proficient in Microsoft Office products. A college degree or equivalent experience with three years broadcast sales management experience is preferred along with a documented track record of success in growing established accounts, new business, digital and social media, newspaper, and magazine sales. WPSD-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume/credentials to: Dwayne Stice, WPSD-TV, P. O. Box 1197, Paducah, Kentucky 42002-1197 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
WLKY-TV has an opening for an experienced Technical Director
for our station’s live fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have
extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The
Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning
newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
This position is responsible for the visual direction of newscasts.
Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced
Successful candidate will provide creative input and will work closely with the
newscast producer and production crew.
Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the
Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
Should have 2+ years of experience working as a technical director at a commercial television
station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment
Must be willing to work mornings and fill in during holidays and vacation.
Must have reliable transportation.
Experience with a Sony Production Switchers is preferred.
Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated
experience will be considered.
Please visit careers.hearstteleivison.com to apply
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sr. Digital Sales Specialist * 8-15-17 * 2017-7286
WAVE 3 News, the NBC affiliate in Louisville, KY., is seeking a Sr. Digital Sales Specialist to join our elite sales team. The Successful candidate will be responsible for day to day sales of our digital product portfolio and will work both independently and with the Local Sales Team to help develop digital revenue while meeting with local businesses to consult with them on the best digital advertising solutions for their business. The candidate must have at least 2 years of proven Digital sales experience and be energetic, organized, and an effective communicator. Other key expectations include:
- Expert in cold calling, prospecting, building proposals, and customizing digital marketing solutions that generate success.
- Outstanding customer service. Must be excellent in building relationships and following through on promises and commitments made.
- Creative and idea driven.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, or business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of Digital sales experience required.
- Must have your own dependable means of transportation.
- Experienced seller with a track record of new business development and incremental selling.
- Experience working with others to close and maintain business.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of Digital advertising.
- Effective communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills, both written and oral.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-oriented environment.
Pre-employment drug screen and clean MVR required. If qualified, please apply online
attach your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
WDRB Media currently has a job opening in our Production Department for a Production Assistant. A decision on filling this position will be made within the next few weeks, so we would appreciate all resumes being sent to us as soon as possible.
WDRB/WMYO TV is seeking a Weekend Director. This person is responsible for directing staff during a fast paced single and dual anchor newscast and other special programs. The director will work closely with news producers to determine camera shots, effects and locations on a multi display news set. They should have working knowledge of technical directing a single and dual anchor newscast and other special programs. In addition, they should have a working knowledge of computer based newsroom systems, studio lighting, audio operations, graphics systems and be able to teach those skills to their staff members.
• Education- Bachelor’s Degree in Television Production or related field desirable.
• Experience directing fast paced single and dual anchor newscasts; technical directing single and dual anchor newscasts.
• Must be a self-starter with proven leadership skills: possess strong communication skills and be able to deal effectively with other departments.
• Experience in multi-bank video switching, studio lighting, Electronic Still Store, DVE, Character Generator graphic system, and other related studio production equipment
• Be able to train other staff members.
Email cover letter, resume and demo reel location to: email@example.com
Or mail to 624 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd. Louisville, KY 40203
WDRB Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kentucky Educational Television has a full time job opening at the Network Center in Lexington.